Saturday 10 November 2012

Wamp / Reaper Competition Entry – part 3

Been meaning to get this posted for a while now, but what with the sale and everything I just haven’t been able to get round to it.

However I am still plugging away, and think I’m still on course for the 24th November deadline.

Now taking inspiration from the likes of Shane and Jabberwocky, I thought it would be nice if my ogre was actually in a little diorama. Its a bit of a test of my limited modelling skills as well. So, what to hae him doing or just done?

Well after a bit of thought I came up with the idea of having had him do something very ogreish, smashing his way through a doorway. It also helped that I had the bits for it.

100_3320-1_edited

Above is a large gateway cast in plaster from an old linka mould.

100_3321-1_edited

I then carefully cut around the outside edge of the doorway to release the doors from the rest of the tile. I was also able to part the doors in two.

100_3322-1_edited  

The archway and the doors will be mounted on this experimental casting of a piece of floor. It didn’t cast very well as you can see, but as most of it will be covered with the broken doors and the ogre I think it’ll do.

TTFN

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment